Friday, 12 April 2013

Old but New!

Old Chest of Drawers become new again!



I haven't had a lot of time in the last couple of weeks to work on my bears because I have been a bit busy.  So I thought I would show you one of the things I have been working on!  Apart from looking after my little 4 yr old cherub and doing some more than usual hours at my real job,  I have been helping my husband paint walls.........boring.......yawn...... til it comes to my crafty/computer room:)))
 
We spent 3 days of our 4 day Easter weekend painting.  The walls as I said were pretty boring but then we spent the last day restoring this old chest of drawers.  I didn't think to take a before picture but it was a tired dark colour stained timber with black handles.  I wanted it look old but new again so I picked a light greeny colour and we stressed it to make it look oldish.  My hubby did all the hard work sanding it back etc and I helped paint we are soooo happy with the how it looks. 
 
I now have some storage for all my bear fur and fabrics and sewing stuff which I am very excited about because we don't have a very big home and storage space is very limited. I will share some more pics of my new room once I have finished putting it all back together and it is nice and tidy:)

 

 

Very Cute Fairy Door!  

 
I also thought you might like to see this, I found this gorgeous little fairy door yesterday in a lovely little gift shop.  It is only tiny and the door really opens.  It is designed to be stuck onto the wall in a little girls room so that all the fairy's can come and go.  And especially the tooth fairy so she can come and go when she needs to.......how cool is that.  I just loved it and had to have it, for my little girls room of course.  But as I am typing I am wondering if I put one in my room maybe the cleaning fairies might come in through the night and do some cleaning...lol


One very soft Lapin Fur Bear!

 
And last but not least I have been working on two special bears in the little spare time I have had, one I can't show because it is for someone special that might see this;) and the other is this baby.  Not quite finished but when I have finished I will pop some photos up.  Lovely Old recycled Lapin coat that had definitely seen better days, but now will live on as a beautiful teddy bear. 
 
Anyway that's enough from me my eyes are a bit sleepy been at my real job today so time for bed soon I think.

2 comments:

  1. you have been busy! love it all but the set of drawers are amazing so fresh and lovely well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it was our first time at revamping something old. We were both pretty happy with it:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...